In the run command line (Windows 7 Start menu “Search Programs and Files”) enter the command:
\\printcanon\cr342_pcl6 ( \cr342_pc-ell-6 not 1)
For the second printer: \\printcanon\cr343_pcl6
Login: princeton\netid AND select Remember Credentials
For Windows 10, enter the commands into the “Type here to search” box
Mac OS X
Postscript printer driver installation for Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE C5560i Color Multifunction Printer/Copier
Install the Canon driver
1. Download a driver package for the for Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE C5560i from the Canon support website
2. In the Drivers and Software section on Canon’s support website, at the bottom of the page, select an operating system type and version
3. Select and download the newest PS (Postscript) driver package from the driver list
4. Double-click the downloaded .zip file to unzip it then double-click the .dmg disk image file to open it.
5. Run the Canon_PS_Installer.pkg installer from the disk image. Follow the installation prompts. Enter an OS X administrator name and password when prompted.
6. Close the installer when installation is complete.
Add the printer
1. Go to System Preferences > Printers & Scanners. Edit the macOS Printers & Scanners settings.
2. Click the plus (+) at lower left to add a printer
3. In the Add window, select the IP icon on the toolbar
4. Enter the following information:
⁃ Address: printcanon.princeton.edu
⁃ Protocol: Line Printer Daemon – LPD
⁃ Queue: cr342_ps3 or cr343_ps3
⁃ Name: (a descriptive name for your printer, such as the printer’s queue name)
⁃ Location: (the physical location of your printer or may be left blank)
⁃ Use: (see the next step for details)
5. Click the drop-down menu next to Use: and choose Select Software…
6. In the Printer Software window, search for a printer model by entering 5540 in the Filter field
7. Select Canon iR-ADV C5535/5540 PS from the search results and click OK
8. The Add Window should look like this: Address: printcanon.princeton.edu, Protocol: Line Printer Daemon – LPD, Queue: cr342_ps3, Name: cr342, Use: Canon iR-ADV C5535/5540 PS
9. In the Add window, click Add
10. Put in the department code – without that it won’t print.
Open System Preferences / Printers & Scanners, find your Canon printer in the list of printers and double click it. When the printer is highlighted, ensure where it says “Kind” on the right, it says Canon iR-ADV C5535/5540 PS. If It says “Generic …” then you don’t have the correct printer driver installed. Click Settings in the window that opens. In the Settings Window that opens up click the “Options” tab and ensure there is a check in the box next to “Department ID Management.” Click the “Utility“ tab and then click “Open Printer Utility.” In the window that opens, check the box next to “Use Department ID Management” and then type in your Department ID in the Department ID field. Click Save Settings and close the with the red icon in the top left corner. Click OK to close the settings Windows.
Printing should now work.