Publications (since Princeton)
- MJ Parker, AO Maggiolo*, WC Thomas*, A Kim, SP Meisburger, N Ando*, AK Boal*, and J Stubbe*. “An endogenous dAMP ligand in Bacillus subtilis class Ib RNR promotes assembly of a noncanonical dimer for regulation by dATP”. PNAS (2018), doi: 10.1073/pnas.1800356115 [web].*equal contributions, **co-corresponding
- S Shoemaker and N Ando. “X-ray methods in the cryo-EM era: Structural biology’s dynamic future”. Biochemistry (2017), 57: 277–285. [web]. (“Future of Biochemistry” special issue).
- KM Davis, KR Schramma, WA Hansen, JP Bacik, SD Khare, MR. Seyedsayamdost, and N Ando. “Structures of the peptide-modifying radical SAM enzyme SuiB elucidate the basis of substrate recognition,” PNAS (2017), 114, 10420–10425 (2017). [web]
- SP Meisburger*, WC Thomas*, MB Watkins*, and N Ando. “X-ray scattering studies of protein structural dynamics,” Chemical Reviews (2017), 117: 7615-8480. doi: 10.1021/acs.chemrev.6b00790. *equal contributions [web] (invited)
See also: Prologue by Susannah Shoemaker.
- SP Meisburger and N Ando. “Correlated motions from crystallography beyond diffraction,” Acc Chem Res (2017), 50: 580–583. [web] (invited commentary for “Holy Grails in Chemistry” special issue).
- JK Rustiguel, ROS Soares, SP Meisburger, KD Davis, KL Malzbender, N Ando, M Dias-Baruffi, and MC Nonato. “Full-length model of the human galectin-4 and insights into dynamics of inter-domain communication.” Scientific Reports, 6, Article number: 33633 (2016). [web]
- SP Meisburger, AB Taylor, CA Khan, S Zhang, PF Fitzpatrick, and N Ando. “Domain movements upon activation of phenylalanine hydroxylase characterized by crystallography and chromatography-coupled small-angle X-ray scattering.” JACS (2016), 138: 6506–6516. [web]
See also: Princeton Chemistry web article by Tien Nguyen.
- N Ando*, H Li, EJ Brignole, S Thompson, MI McLaughlin, JE Page, FJ Asturias, J Stubbe, and CL Drennan*. “Allosteric inhibition of human ribonucleotide reductase by dATP entails the stabilization of a hexamer.” Biochemistry (2016), 55: 373–381. *co-corresponding. [web]
- S Skou, RE Gillilan, N Ando*. “Synchrotron-based small-angle X-ray scattering (SAXS) of biomacromolecules in solution.” Nature Protocols (2014), 9: 1727–1739. *corresponding. [web]
- EC Minnihan, N Ando*, EJ Brignole*, L Olshansky*, J Chittuluru, FJ Asturias, CL Drennan, DG Nocera, and J Stubbe. “Generation of a stable, aminotyrosyl radical-induced α2β2 complex of Escherichia coli class Ia ribonucleotide reductase,” PNAS (2013), 110: 3835-3840. [web]
- N Ando, Y Kung, M Can, G Bender, SW Ragsdale, CL Drennan. “Transient B12-dependent methyltransferase complexes revealed by small-angle X-ray scattering.” JACS (2012) 134: 17945–17954. [web]
- CM Zimanyi, N Ando, EJ Brignole, FJ Asturias, J Stubbe, CL Drennan. “Tangled up in knots: Structures of inactivated forms of E. coli class Ia ribonucelotide reductase.” Structure (2012) 20: 1374–1383. [web]
- S Wang, Y Meng, N Ando, MW Tate, S Krasnicki, C Yan, Q Liang, J Lai, H Mao, SM Gruner and RJ Hemley. “Single-crystal CVD diamonds as small-angle X-ray scattering windows for high-pressure research.” Journal of Applied Crystallography (2012) 45: 1–5. [web]
- Y Kung, N Ando, T Doukov, L Blasiak, G Bender, SW Ragsdale, CL Drennan. “Visualizing molecular juggling within a B12-dependent methyltransferase complex.” Nature (2012) 484: 265–269. [web]
- KD Bewley, MA Firer-Sherwood, J-Y Mock, N Ando, CL Drennan and SJ Elliott. “Mind the Gap: Diversity and reactivity relationships among multiheme cytochromes of the MtrA/DmsE family.” Biochemical Society Transactions (2012), 40: 1268–1273. [web]
- EJ Brignole*, N Ando, CM Zimanyi, CL Drennan. “The prototypic class Ia ribonucleotide reductase from Escherichia coli: Still surprising after all these years.” Biochemical Society Transactions (2012) 40: 523–530. *equal contributions [web]
- N Ando and B Barstow*. “High hydrostatic pressure effects on proteins: Fluorescence studies.” Encyclopedia of Analytical Chemistry, eds R.A. Meyers, John Wiley: Chichester. DOI: 10.1002/9780470027318.a9246. *co-corresponding, invited [web]
- N Ando*, EJ Brignole*, CM Zimanyi, MA Funk, K Yokoyama, FJ Asturias, J Stubbe, CL Drennan. “Structural interconversions modulate activity of Escherichia coli ribonucleotide reductase.” PNAS (2011) 108: 21046–21051. *equal contributions [web]
- MA Firer-Sherwood*, N Ando*, SJ Elliott, CL Drennan. “Solution-based structural analysis of the decaheme cytochrome, MtrA, by small angle X-Ray scattering and analytical ultracentrifugation.” J. Phys. Chem. B (2011) 115: 11208–11214. *equal contributions [web]
- B Barstow, N Ando, CU Kim, SM Gruner. “Coupling of pressure-induced structural shifts to spectral changes in a Yellow Fluorescent Protein.”Biophysical Journal (2009) 97: 1719-1727. [web]
- N Ando, B Barstow, WA Baase, A Field, BW Matthews, Sol M. Gruner. “Structural and thermodynamic characterization of T4 lysozyme mutants and the contribution of internal cavities to pressure denaturation.” Biochemistry (2008) 47: 11097-11109. [web]
- B Barstow, N Ando, CU Kim, SM Gruner. “Alteration of Citrine structure by hydrostatic pressure explains accompanying spectral shift.” PNAS(2008) 105: 13362-13366. [web]
- N Ando, P Chenevier, M Novak, MW Tate, SM Gruner. “High hydrostatic pressure small-angle X-ray scattering cell for protein solution studies featuring diamond windows and disposable sample cells.” Journal of Applied Crystallography (2008) 41: 167-175. [web]
- A Batra, C Cohen; H Kim, KI Winey; N Ando, SM Gruner. “Counterion effect on the rheology and morphology of tailored poly(dimethylsiloxane) ionomers.” Macromolecules (2006) 39: 1630-1638. [web]
- A Polozova, X Lia, T Shangguana, P Meersa, DR Schuette, N Ando, SM Gruner, WR Perkins. “Formation of homogeneous unilamellar liposomes from an interdigitated matrix.” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (2005) 1668: 117–125. [web]
- K Ito, J Chuang, C Alvarez-Lorenzo, T Watanabe, N Ando, and AY Grosberg. “Multiple contact adsorption of target molecules by heteropolymer gels.” Macromolecular Symposia (2004) 207: 1. [web]
- K Ito, J Chuang, C Alvarez-Lorenzo, T Watanabe, N Ando and AY Grosberg. “Multiple point adsorption in a heteropolymer gel and the Tanaka approach to imprinting: experiment and theory.” Progress in Polymer Science (2003) 28: 1489-1515. [web]